TBAISD is seeking an Autobody Instructor for the Career Tech Center
Valid State of Michigan Secondary Teaching Certificate
– Valid or the ability to obtain the appropriate State of Michigan
– Major in an approved program related to the area of Occupational
– Two years relevant work experience in the area related to the Occupational
– Valid or the ability to obtain Michigan Motor Vehicle Mechanic certificate in
Unitized Body Structural Repair and ASE Collision Repair Technician
certification in Painting and Refinishing
– Michigan Motor Vehicle Mechanic certificate in Collision-related Mechanical
repair and additional ASE Collision Repair Technician certifications
– Minimum of three years (3) successful teaching experience
– Demonstrated success with student clubs and organizations such as Skills
USA, MITES, etc.
– Knowledge of academic integration within CTE programs
– Willingness to maintain program curriculum consistent with current technical,
academic and related industry standards
– Written, oral and graphic communication skills
– Computer literacy
– Willingness to work with students of all ability ranges
– Desire to contribute as a team member within the school and community
1. Successfully develop the program curriculum based on technical, industry and academic
2. Plan appropriately and effectively for instruction including participating in PLCs and coteaching
with academic specialists.
3. Maintain a positive climate for teaching and learning.
4. Demonstrate appropriate classroom management.
5. Effectively and efficiently direct the student learning process.
6. Organize and maintain a business advisory board.
7. Maintain status as a ‘Highly Qualified Teacher’ under No Child Left Behind legislation and/or
MDE/OCTE TRAC guidelines.
8. Organize instructional activities that complement and enhance the learning process including
service of customer equipment and other community service projects.
9. Interact positively and appropriately with students, parents, and other staff members.
10. Monitor effectively student progress and instructional effectiveness including use of electronic
grade book and web-based applications.
11. Maintain teacher certification and qualifications.
12. Attend professional development activities.
13. Actively participate as an academic goal team(s) member
14. Successfully meet annual Program Standards for the Career-Tech Center
15. Adhere and follow all TBAISD policies and procedures.
16. Recommend students to the CTC Placement Department for employment and/or placement
17. Cooperate with special education staff to ensure appropriate IEP implementation and student
18. Coordinate articulation agreements with two and four year universities.
19. Actively involve students in clubs and organizations. (MITES, Skills USA, etc…)
20. Develop and maintain a vision for the program.
21. Successful develop, monitor, and follow all issues pertaining to student liability.
22. Stay current with industry needs, trends, and relative issues.
23. Successfully market the program to local school districts.
24. Successfully maintain program budget.
25. Maintain professional license and remain active in the field.
26. Research and write grants pertaining to the program.
27. Other duties as assigned by CTC Administration.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD