- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
- Assists management in overall waterpark operation.
- Clearly describes and assigns responsibility and authority for the operation of the department.
- Responsible assisting in the management team in their areas of focus as needed.
- Responsible for fulfilling the Waterpark MOD duties as specified in the MOD job description.
- Permit and encourage advancement for those personal qualified and interested in career development.
- Works to maintain an efficient, cooperative atmosphere among staff members.
- Maintains a general knowledge of the entire resort operation.
- Projects a positive public relations image to staff and guest.
- Has working knowledge of Great Wolf Lodge emergency procedures, administers and coordinates emergency first aid as necessary, as well as, documenting incidents involving guests and staff.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Assists other departments on an as-needed basis.
- Assist Director in formulating and maintaining departmental budget and overall safety budget.
- Performs additional duties as directed by the Waterpark Director.
- Position requires at least 45 hours per week.
- Instructs Ellis Lifeguard training and certification, as needed.
- Assists with in-service trainings throughout the year.
- Participate in the resort MOD program.
- Act as the Director in the Director’s absence.
- Assist in managing the department including but not limited to scheduling MODs and Supervisors, conducting training for Supervisors and Managers, general purchasing, and the overall cleanliness program.
- Assist in developing Managers, Supervisors, and Lifeguards to qualify for advancement.
- Exhibits ability to effective deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Motivates diverse groups to achieve extraordinary goals and overcome challenges. Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve beyond expectations.
- Successfully manages people to achieve performance goals.
- Excellent people management skills including resolving conflict, coaching and developing others, promoting teamwork, and performance management.
- Develops detailed, realistic, and comprehensive plans that support organizational objectives.
- Effectively allocates resources and time across groups or departments.
- Takes an exhaustive approach to every task.
- Committed to comprehensive and in-depth analysis, planning, and implementation of every work effort.
- Capable of working unusual hours, including late nights, weekends and all holidays in a fast paced atmosphere.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, , national origin, disability or veterans’ status.
For more details see online:URL
More jobs at Great Wolf Resorts