- Provide a fun, safe environment for children to play, learn and grow
- Must be a high school graduate and at least 16 years of age
- Must have three letters of recommendation
- Must be responsible, dependable, enthusiastic and able to communicate effectively
- Must possess and adhere to YMCA values and Christian Philosophy
- Must possess current Adult/Child CPR and First Aid Certification
- Experience with lesson planning and working with kids ages 5-15.
- A required 30-hour training week will take place 6/11/2018 through 6/5/2018
- CPR/AED and First Aid required before 6/18/2018
- Responsible for assisting in check in and check out procedures.
- Assist Lead Counselors with daily camp activities.
- Provide a fun, safe environment for children to play, learn and grow.
- Ability to lead and assist in varied group activities and daily routine.
- Education and knowledge in archery, canoeing, low ropes, camp songs, skits and group games.
- Communication to director regarding issues and or concerns.
- Parent communication with each family in assigned group.
- Arriving to work on time and prepared to start the day.Â This includes the designated camp shirt and ID lanyard to be worn at all times, arriving with a positive attitude toward each child, coworker and inquiring parents.
- Work within the guidelines of the YMCAâs mission, areas of focus, and board-adopted strategic plan; in particular, exemplify YMCA values at all times. Must be intimately aware of and be able to âtell the Y storyâ.
- Generally assist with YMCA member promotion and retention by giving facility tours and helping members in other ways to ensure member satisfaction.
- Participate in the âInvest in Youthâ annual campaign.
- All other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Effect on End Result:
- Ensure that the YMCA Summer Day Camp is a safe and fun learning environment for kids in our community to grow as individuals.Â
More jobs at Grand Traverse Bay YMCA