The role of the Eligibility Specialist is to strengthen Michigan families by:
- Ensuring that each person/family that applies for public assistance receives the type and level of assistance that they are eligible for
- Assessing the needs of each person/family and giving them appropriate information and making any referrals and/or contacts to persons/agencies to help them meet their needs.
- Providing all families with information about the expectations and goals of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS).
- Encouraging and guiding families in their efforts to become self supporting
Assistance Payments Worker Position Description
Required Education and Experience
Completion of two years of college (60 semester or 90 term credits).
Assistance Payments Worker 8
No specific type or amount is required.
Assistance Payments Worker 9
One year of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 8, Migrant Program Worker 8, or Family Independence Specialist 9.
Assistance Payments Worker E10
Two years of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker, including one year equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker 9;
Two years equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker, including one year equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker 9;
Two years of experience equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist, including one year equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist 10.
Assistance Payments Worker 11
Three years of experience equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker, including one year equivalent to an Assistance Payments Worker E10;
Three years equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker, including one year equivalent to a Migrant Program Worker E10;
Three years of experience equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist, including one year equivalent to a Family Independence Specialist P11.
Alternate Education and Experience
Four years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including two years equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Completion of one year of college (30 semester or 45 term credits) and three years of administrative support experience in a human services or office setting, including one year equivalent to the experienced (E7) level, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Three years of Home Aide experience, including one year equivalent to a Home Aide E8, may be substituted for the education requirement.
Additional Requirements and Information
This position is located at the Missaukee/Wexford County, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Office, 10641 West Watergate Road, Cadillac, MI 49601.
View the job specification at: Job Specification
**THIS POSTING IS BEING USED TO RECRUIT FOR BOTH PERMANENT AND LIMITED TERM APPOINTMENTS.
Your application will be valid for 6 months from the date you apply. To make changes or add attachments, you may reapply.**
To be considered for this position you must:
- apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on “Apply” in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- relevant experience and/or education referred to in supplemental questions must be documented in resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- attach a cover letter.
- if applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar’s signature.
- *attach a brief explanation on how your prior work experience has prepared you for this position.*
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: Instructions.
*YOUR APPLICATION FOR ANY POSITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOU WILL BE CONTACTED BY THE DEPARTMENT/AGENCY FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION. ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS INTERVIEWED WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THE RESULTS. *
For information about this specific posting you may contact Susan Bowne at (517) 373-6940 or [email protected]
Salary: $1,504.80 – $2,112.00 Biweekly
Location: Cadillac, MI
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Department: Health and Human Services – Counties
Job Number: APW-Miss/Wex-Continuous
Bargaining Unit: UNITED AUTO WORKERS (UAW)
Agency: State of Michigan
Address: 400 South Pine Street Lansing, Michigan, 48909
Phone: (800) 788-1766
More jobs at State of Michigan