- This event has passed.
Free SCORE Workshop on Balancing Small Business & Family—
Traverse City’s award-winning SCORE chapter announces a free evening workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 10, from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm. The workshop, “Balancing Your Small Business and Family,” will be held in the McGuire Community Room at the Traverse Area District Library on Woodmere Ave. At this workshop, attendees will discuss how the flexibility of being a small business owner can have great rewards for those who are seeking better balance between the needs of a family and the demands of a career. Learn how a panel of “veterans” has left the rigid schedule and 8:00 – 5:00 world of being an employee and gained great freedom by being their own boss.
What You’ll Learn:
• The benefits of business ownership while in the middle of raising a family.
• How to involve the family in your small business.
• The joys of a home-based business during the child raising years.
• How to balance the demands of your small business with family priorities
Who Should Attend:
• Anyone who is thinking of starting a home-based business.
• Anyone who needs to generate income for the family, but wants more freedom and flexibility in order to be more present with their family.
• Anyone who is feeling afraid to “make the leap” into being a business owner vs. an employee of someone else’s business.
SCORE workshops fill up fast and space is limited! Visit www.upnorthscore.com to reserve your seat.
SCORE Traverse City is a group of 45 successful business mentors who volunteer their time to support and grow small businesses in northern Michigan.