- This event has passed.
This evening is geared for parents of 0-3 year olds. In this class we explore the range of emotions we see in young children, how to help them recognize and tame them, and how parents can affect the moments that they pique. We will explore the benefits of using discipline methods that support the long term development of self-control and independent thought including:
- Gentle ways to acknowledge and manage strong emotions
- What is typical behavior and what are typical expectations for a young child
- How to support your child’ s emotional development and encourage positive behavior
- Why methods such as bribing and time-outs won’t work
- Long term benefits of gentle discipline
For more information, please contact the Children’s House at 929-9325.