Technical Donor Specialist Mobile
Subject matter expert in collecting blood products, including phlebotomy, and compliance. Consistently strives to enhance existing services and influence resulting action plans. Organizes processes around the customer taking account of difficult and sensitive issues to meet their needs. Manages customer service expectations and monitors customer service delivery by others. Works in partnership with colleagues and other departments to achieve common goals. Fosters a collaborative, teamworking spirit. Responsible for training or mentoring team members and may serve as interim Team Lead. Objectively reviews difficult work problems, obtaining cooperation or approval.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and performs to all applicable regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates Core Values: Do Right Always, Find a Better Way, Make Results Happen and Strengthen the Team.
- Treats donors with customer service excellence and adds value to the donation experience through professional relationship building.
- Ensures customer issues with a potential negative impact are resolved and the leader is informed.
- Influences future blood drives with consistent conversion rates, rebooking, sponsor leadership and service recovery.
- Trains team members in all aspects of the role.
- Performs Team Lead duties as needed.
- Prepares collection site and performs set up (including technology systems and quality control), troubleshoots and adjusts accordingly; prepares and plans for future site visits.
- Performs donor screening (collects donor histories) and mini-physical.
- Performs phlebotomy, including automation (Alyx and / or Trima).
- Prepares and packs units for transport.
- Subject matter expert, providing coaching to team and oversight of collections to minimize collection loss due to errors and incidents.
- Observes donors for reactions, provides reaction care and assists other staff in handling reactions if needed. Provides post-reaction care including assessing reactions for recovery, escorting donors and coordinating care with host organization (e.g. high school nurse, drive coordinator).
- Rebooks donors for future donation appointments and facilitates rebooking process.
- Transports or carpools staff.
- May transport supplies and equipment.
- equipment and arrives at site on time.
- May participate in mobile drive set-up.
- Creates a safe environment for donors and
fellowstaff members and maintains safety awareness of team.
- Recruits and converts donors for automation.
- Operates, troubleshoots, and performs routine maintenance on equipment.
- Maintains product integrity and ensures proper identification of all donors.
- Maintains organization of departmental records, as needed.
- May participate in validation of new processes or new equipment.
- Reviews daily work for accuracy and recognizes and investigates the reason for potential discrepancies and unexpected results, resolving where appropriate.
- Reviews quality results and escalates issues and concerns.
- Performs root cause analysis, review, and reporting with leadership.
- Proactively seeks continued professional development.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 or more years phlebotomy experience preferred or a combination of a health care degree, certification, and/or 3 or more years relevant experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4 years of job-related experience.
- Broad or specialized knowledge of methods, techniques, and processes. This knowledge is typically acquired through specialized training or broad practical work experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Standard Operating Procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and other department manuals.
- Must have basic mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to apply judgment to written or oral instructions.
- Ability to organize work to provide productive work flow.
- Flexibility to work independently and with a team.
- Has a strong attention to detail.
- Must have good communication skills, including the ability to provide feedback to peers.
- Possesses legible hand writing.
- Able to perform Team Lead responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to learn/utilize computer applications such as Ceridian, Hemasphere, Oracle, HemaTerra, etc.
Tools and Technology
- Personal Computer (desk top, lap top, tablet).
- General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Screening equipment including:
- Sphygmomanometer (BP cuff)
- Temperature probe
- Hemoglobin analyzer
- Phlebotomy collection equipment including:
- Blood mixer
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical demands: Daily tasks include a mixture of standing, sitting, and walking. Hand-eye coordination with significant manual dexterity and frequent repetitive hand motions. Reaching above the head and lifting up to 40-pound items occurs occasionally. Visual and hearing acuity to perform essential responsibilities. Looking at computer screens or small items is common.
- Mental demands: Requires ability to maintain a routine of intense concentration for long periods, as well as excellent cognitive, analytical, and memory ability.
- Environmental hazards: Frequent work with biohazardous material is completed in a donor center or mobile environment wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and following internal policies, training, and OSHA standards. Moderate level of noise is present in the collection areas. Employee is frequently exposed to the public. Exposure to various temperatures will occur.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive or in any way construed as an employment contract. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this position at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons solely at management's discretion.
We embrace and encourage diversity in our workforce.Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.We participate in eVerify.We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.We are a tobacco/smoke-free workplace.