Patient Services Representative
Bay Street Orthopaedics offers exciting opportunities for the qualified candidate to join our rapidly growing organization. Serving our community since 1975, Bay Street Orthopaedics is a regional leader in orthopedic medicine that inspires better health through compassionate care, medical education/research, and neighborhood outreach. As we continue to grow, we are currently seeking a full time Patient Services Representative who would like to be a part of a work environment that consists of supportive leadership, state-of-the-art technological resources, inter-professional teamwork, and innovative learning.
**This position will travel between our Petoskey, Gaylord, St. Ignace, Charlevoix, Roger City and Cheboygan locations when needed**
While following excellent service standards, the Patient Services Representative position will be responsible for the below essential functions:
- Provide exemplary customer service; greet and direct patients, family members, and other visitors in person and over the telephone.
- Answer incoming calls; respond to inquiries, or direct caller to appropriate staff for assistance in a professional, timely manner based on Bay Street standards and protocols.
- Solve problems and anticipating peak periods of patient traffic and/or call volume in order to plan workload accordingly.
- Schedules patients appointments accurately maximizing practitionerâs time and making sure that the patient is placed in the appropriate appointment template for their medical needs or request. Appointments may include: return office visits, referrals, diagnostic testing/procedures.
- Generate and print documents for patient at time of checkout or telephone contact
- Register patients. Confirm, enter, and/or update all required demographic data on patient and guarantor in the EMR system
- Obtains, documents and verifies insurance, Medicaid/Medicare and any other type of benefits and documents in the patients chart accurate patient demographic information required as per Bay Street policies and procedures.
- Communicate with clinical staff to maintain patient flow and update waiting patients
- Collect copays and balances due on patient accounts; applies payments and adjustments to patient accounts
- Close out and reconcile cash drawer daily, following Bay Street procedures.
- Responsible to access department communications daily utilizing telephone voice mail and/ or e-mail
- Keeps offices and work area orderly and properly stocked
- May be required to provide coverage at other satellite locations as necessary
- Meets professional behavior expectations as evidenced by compliance with the following standards:
- Meets all attendance and punctuality requirements to ensure proper coverage and quality service
- Demonstrates an ability to resolve interpersonal and professional conflicts appropriately
- Ability to formulate decisions and make judgments that are demanding and interpretative
- Maintain patient confidentiality; comply with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Performs other duties as assigned related to revenue cycle management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment, including handling confidential data with discretion is a plus
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office and Windows based computer application
Specific skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service skills and comfortable answering both patient and insurance company questions
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to operate a multiline telephone systems, and other standard office equipment.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and multi-task under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team are essential.
We offer our employees an excellent total compensation package, including competitive wages, excellent benefits and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Full-time benefits include 401k, Roth IRA, PTO, paid holidays, medical, dental, optical, life, long & short term disability and opportunity for advancement. Some travel will be required. Please submit resumes to [email protected]. We look forward to receiving your resume.
Bay Street Orthopaedics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.