Our Core Purpose is: To create enjoyment and make people happy!
Our values are simple; Treat others as you want to be treated, Do your best, and Have fun! These values translate directly to a culture of people who are driven to provide an exceptional confectionery experience. Coupled with our high-quality products, in-store craftsmanship, and genuinely friendly team members, we create an atmosphere that our customers want to visit again and again. From sight, to taste, touch, smell, and sound, a visit to Kilwins provides an authentic sensory and taste experience like none other.
Our company was founded in 1947, yet still strives to deliver a world-class experience for today’s customers. Kilwins is growing, adding stores in new markets, expanding our production capability, and building the expertise needed to support our 140+ locations. We are actively recruiting candidates for retail store management, production and support staff, maintenance, custodial, and seasonal retail positions. We encourage you to consider joining a proven company as we continue to grow.
Job Title: Facilities Custodian for either 1st Shift or 2nd Shift
Company/Location: Kilwin’s Quality Confections, Inc., Petoskey, MI
Department: Facilities & Maintenance
1st Shift: 5:30 AM-2:30 PM, First Shift & Every Other Weekend
2nd Shift: 3:30 PM-Midnight, Monday-Friday
Reports to: Facilities Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly/ Non-Exempt | $16.00-$18.00/hour
Carrying out the daily, weekly, and monthly housekeeping and facilities activities at Kilwin’s Quality Confections (KQC), Petoskey, MI, and the retail store. Performs work according to the housekeeping and preventative maintenance schedules and, more frequently if necessary, in a manner that meets and/or exceeds the Kilwins Standards. This includes interpreting the daily cleaning demand based on the level of business at the retail store, tours, production, and shipping activity. Understanding and adherence to food safety protocol is essential. Serving as a Kilwins brand ambassador as opportunities present themselves, by greeting, welcoming, and otherwise being cheerful towards all customers and guests.
1. Personally represents Kilwins Core Values, Core Purpose, Core Operating Standards, and Brand Promise.
2. Provide integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and mission of Kilwins.
3. Greet, welcome, smile, and be cheerful towards all customers and visitors.
4. Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light fixtures or unclogging pipes.
5. Cleans, disinfectants, and deodorizes rooms, hallways, lobbies, break rooms, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work or public area areas.
6. Maintains a neat and orderly custodial room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
7. Clean and maintain the facility according to the housekeeping and maintenance schedule, and in a manner that meets or exceeds the Kilwins Standards.
8. Work with the Facilities Manager in the execution of the preventative maintenance schedule.
9. Communicate with the production team, retail store team to understand all operational and quality issues, as they relate to housekeeping and preventative maintenance.
10. Read, understand, and complete all open items on the walk-through action items list.
11. Manage the recycle bins and recyclables.
12. Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Team Member Handbook.
13. Ensure the accuracy of record-keeping and checklists.
14. Maintain a clean work area, including equipment, carts, tables, utensils, walls, baseboards, and floors
1. It is the responsibility of all KQC team members to perform their duties in a healthy and safe manner and to act responsibly regarding our environment.
2. Support general plant safety, food safety, food defense initiatives, and good manufacturing practices with an understanding that these are absolutes and are priorities.
3. Actively prevent pollution and reduce waste and support the attainment of the established goals. Maintain an understanding of how their specific job can affect the environment or the health and safety of themselves or others.
4. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
5. Comply with all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and punctuality standards.
- Ability to use & operate power cleaning machinery.
- Ability to operate/lift certification for cleaning of outside windows
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years Custodial or Housekeeping experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Respond quickly to sounds and use them to troubleshoot problems.
- Push at least 100 pounds and lift at least 50 pounds.
- Use of ladders and occasional heights.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc.
- Exposure to occasional extreme heat or cold.
- Noise level which may at times require hearing protection.
- Must be able to work on a rotational weekend schedule.
Please note this job description is not intended to cover a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including working in other areas to cover absences or to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Drug and Smoke-Free Workplace:
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.
Kilwin's Quality Confections is a Smoke-Free facility and smoking/vaping is prohibited on company premises.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)