Engineering Technician Night Shift
This position works on a24/7 schedulefrom5pm - 5am on a 3-2-2 rotation.
The Engineering Technician will work with the Production Manager and Engineers to continuously improve the sites manufacturing processes. Proactively work to implement a safe work environment that complies with the site specific and corporate safety goals. Exhibit good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System requirements.
Work with Production Manager, supervisors and internal customers to design, coordinate, implement and maintain the continuous improvement projects for any of the functional areas of the Beaverton manufacturing process including, but not limited to Assembly, Extrusion, Milling, Molding, Packaging, Safety and Quality. Take ownership of tool preventive maintenance specifications for areas of responsibility. Manage and troubleshoot activities related to customer complaints and maintain routed standards. Lighthouse environmental controls for clean room and maintain MQ1 document control for areas of responsibility.
Promotes a safe working environment, complies with proper use of PPE, reports incidents, and participates in functional department safety meetings. Exhibits good environmental practices and procedures consistent with job(s) performed and EMS (Environmental Management System) requirements.
- B.S degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering preferred.
- 1-4 years of manufacturing environment experience required.
- Desired individual will be safety oriented, be proactive in problem solving, perform required work efficiently, and maintain a professional demeanor, attitude and appearance.
- Must be proficient working with computers (Microsoft suite).
- Ability to lead projects, including timelines and open issues list, and reporting.
- Maintain and improve sites job routings, quoting standards, recipe management, document control and drawing standards to clean room standards.
- Improve clean room environment utilizing environmental controls and Six Sigma problem solving techniques.
- Design new processes and process enhancements for new and existing products (WCM, use Six Sigma Green Belt Tools in everyday job).
- Trouble shoot processes problems for areas of responsibility. Plan and conduct experiments on current production processes and engineering improvements to characterize process windows.
- Acquisition and implementation of equipment.
- Train production personnel, improve process efficiency utilizing through WCM Green Belt Projects.
Saint-Gobain's innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world's leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life's critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we've learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you're empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we'll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities