Dir Home Care & Hospice
Graduate of a recognized and accredited school of nursing. Registered, and in good standing, with the State of Michigan.
Masters in Nursing or Health Administration required.
Ten years of nursing with five years progressive advancement in Home Care responsibility.
Demonstrated ability to lead/manage others, work effectively in teams, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Well organized; works well with competing priorities.
Possesses current Michigan motor vehicle license, ability to drive a car, and insured vehicle capable of transport to patient homes or other offices in various weather conditions.
Meets MHH established requirements for proof of health status. Physically able to lift 35 pounds. Demonstrates ability utilize good body mechanics or lifting techniques to avoid manipulating more than 35 pounds.
Meets Home Health and Medicare standards as evidenced by criminal background check and fingerprinting.
Reports to Home Health President.
- Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Home Health.
- Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
- Promotes personal and patient safety.
- Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
- Responsible for the overall provision of services for Home Care and Hospice. The following specific areas are included:
a. clinical program planning and development, implementation, administration, evaluation and budgeting;
b. establishing and maintaining effective channels of communication; including integration of technology with communications;
c. ensuring program personnel keep current with clinical information and practices, local issues and trends;
d. assuring adequate and appropriate staffing;
e. coordination with other program areas and management as appropriate;
f. directing staff in performance of their duties including admission, discharge, transfer, revocation, and provision of service to clients;
g. assuring appropriate staff supervision during all service hours; and
h. staff development including orientation, in-service education and continuing education ensuring adequate staff education and evaluations of competence.
- Participates with the service line management team in strategic planning, improving operational efficiency, developing and implementing policies, solving personnel issues and conflict/complaint resolution.
- Works with managers and staff to develop and implement programs that improve employee satisfaction.
- Collaborates with the Finance Director and Administrator in developing capital and operating budgets. Accountable for operating within budget parameters.
- Participates in organizational strategic planning activities.
- Assures compliance with all requirements of regulatory/accrediting bodies and Munson's Performance Improvement program.
- Represents the organization to other groups, agencies, the public and ensures the accuracy of public information materials.
- Ensures appropriate data collection and regular, complete reports are received by the Governing Body.
- Ensures adequate space, equipment and supplies are available.
- Ensures standards of ethical business and clinical practice are maintained.
- Ensures that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented.
- Monitors operational progress toward accomplishing operational and strategic goals.
- Employees with e-mail are required to maintain proficiency in the basic functions of the program and are also required to regularly check email and keep calendars up to date.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.