Die Setter – 2nd shift
- Ensure all equipment/machine lockout procedures are followed.
- Perform ordinary equipment lubrication, change hoses, tighten clamps and check for leaks.
- Clean mold vents and pins, outer surface of mold, and press under mold operating area.
- Set up correct machine program and clamp parameters.
- Ensure proper set up of secondary equipment and proper installation of work platforms when required.
- Obtain specified mold and other necessary material for indicated machine.
- Lift specified die sections into machine using overhead crane or forklift and bolt into place.
- Help maintain production status boards.
- Notify supervisor of any recognized or foreseen problems.
- Perform essential duties of molding machine operator.
- Maintain acceptable mold change and set up times.
- Work to develop ways to reduce changeover times to increase productivity.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- At least 1 year of experience in similar environment
- Forklift and overhead crane experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Applied mathematics
- Ability to read and understand measurements and leveling devices