Coatings Operator – 2nd Shift
- Accept responsibility for your Safety and the Safety of others by using Safety awareness to eliminate unsafe acts and correct unsafe conditions.
- Participate in Lean events and initiatives to support a culture of continuous improvement.
- Inspect product for contaminants prior to coatings applications.
- Inspects materials, products, and containers at each step of packaging process to ensure they meet customer standards.
- Responsible to work to performance/output standards per work instructions to meet departmental expectations and customer demand.
- Responsible to maintain attendance and punctuality records per company policies and procedures.
- Mask areas that are not to be coated, select coating liquid to produce desired color per Job Instruction Sheet & use spray gun to apply coating.
- Clean parts, spraying equipment and brushes with various solvents and paint thinner product.
- Load parts into metalizer, operate metalizing equipment, unload parts, inspect and package to customers standards.
- Operate gasket machine. Inspect and package finished product.
- May coat areas inaccessible to hand sprayer or do touch-up painting with brush.
- Prepare packaging containers as per job work instructions.
- Record information such as quantity, time, and date packaged.
- Operate sonic welder.
- Responsible to work per schedule and have prior approvals before working any overtime.
- Responsible for any other special projects as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- One to three months of related experience or training in a similar environment
- Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to complete daily production sheets
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal skills