Career Advisor ~ PATH
Northwest Michigan Works! is looking to hire a PATH (Partnership, Accountability, Training, and Hope) Career Advisor to join our Manistee team. This is a professional position involving direct customer contact. This position works collaboratively with internal and community partners to provide a wide-range of career services to customers.
As a Northwest Michigan Works! PATH Career Advisor you will provide guidance and instruction to individuals participating in the PATH program in collaboration with DHHS. Guidance can include, but is not limited to, career assessment, career planning, and job search strategies. As a case manager you will have the ability to truly have a positive impact in someone else's life, this is an exciting opportunity for an energetic and creative professional. Individuals who can cultivate and maintain positive relationships and have a passion for serving others are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Willingness to work with diverse communities including youth, low-income families and individuals with barriers.
- Collaborate with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services staff in the provision of joint case management services.
- Participate in meetings to ascertain next steps in case management and programming.
- Identify customer barriers to participation and recommend action steps to improve program participation when necessary.
- Asses and evaluate customer's work, education, and training background.
- Develop Individual Services Strategy with customer by identifying activities and action steps needed to meet customer needs and achieve their goals.
- Monitor customer participation in required work related and training activities.
- Review customer information to determine if intensive services are needed.
- Refer customers for in-depth assessment, counseling, and work readiness activities.
- Facilitate customer understanding of the current job market and employer expectations.
- Work with the Northwest Michigan Works! Business Services team to facilitate career planning and networking groups.
- Provide access to career related on-line resources and workshops.
- Assist customers in overcoming obstacles to employment.
- Develop and conduct in-person and virtual work readiness, career development, and employability skills workshops.
- Direct customers to community resources. Assist with job fairs and special events.
- Associates Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Case management skills.
- Experience in education, human services, or related field.
- Ability to develop effective partnerships and collaborative relationships.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor customers in a positive manner.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- High level of customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated competence in Google Docs, Microsoft Office as well as case management software.
- Possession of a valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time salaried position paying $40,000 per year. The employee is entitled to the Northwest Michigan Works! fringe benefits package that includes: Comprehensive health, dental and vision insurance with employer paid premiums; life insurance; employer paid deferred compensation retirement package; paid vacation, paid sick leave, and paid holidays.