Bakery Production Associate
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it - fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That's why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
905 E 8th Street - Traverse City, Michigan 49684
- Responsible for pricing, date coding, and rotating all bakery product, and providing great customer service to ensure that the shift contributes to the financial best interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
- Assist in receiving, unloading and stocking of merchandise
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
- Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
- Notify the Bakery Manager if products and supplies need to be ordered
- Practice suggestive selling techniques with customers.
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag bakery products
- Properly fill, rotate and merchandise bakery shelves, cases and displays
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is required to stand and walk for extended periods of time and may bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. Learn more .
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer who celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.