Yucatan-Style Pickled Hot Dried-Chile Salsa
This recipe is courtesy of Pat Gibson. Try it with Pat's barbecued pork!
- 1 ounce dried chilies de árbol
- 1 ounce dried chilies pasillas
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Pinch of salt
Trim and discard stems from chilies. Microwave on high for about 20 seconds or until chilies are pliable and release their fragrance. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and let rest for 20 minutes. Stir in more salt to taste. Store refrigerated in a sealed container for several weeks.