- 5 ears of corn, husks and silk removed (can use frozen or leftover corn )
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, small dice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (can use canola )
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (can substitute parsley, chives, or cilantro )
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes. Drain and put it in cold water to stop the cooking. If using frozen or left-over corn, omit this step. When the corn has cooled, cut the kernels off the cob.
2. Toss the corn in a large bowl with the red onion, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Add the fresh basil just before serving.
Adapted from: The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook