Strawberries with Balsamic Vinegar
Strawberry balsamic topping for serving over ice cream.
This recipe was featured in the June 2012 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine. Click here to order your copy today!
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 pints strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar
- Fresh ground black pepper
Bring vinegar, granulated sugar and lemon juice to simmer in small saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until syrup is reduced by half. Cool. Toss berries and brown sugar in a bowl. Pour vinegar syrup over berries, add fresh black pepper to taste. Serve over vanilla ice cream. Serves 6.