EJ has an immediate opening for a 3rd shift Safety Coordinator.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence. Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our company's identity and our guide for making decisions. Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: Elmira, MI
Coordinates activities required to promote safety by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes safety awareness, accident prevention, and employee involvement with regard to a safe work environment. Ensures employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes the company culture, the mission and vision, and the core values of the company.
- Supports and promotes the commitment of EJ to employee Safety & Health and is a champion for EJ Safety Beliefs.
- Provides a high level of support, motivation and mentorship regarding safety and provides a high level of support, motivation and mentorship regarding safety and health to employees with a commitment to total team effort.
- Promotes safety awareness, injury prevention and employee involvement regarding a safe work environment. Ensures employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes and supports the People Based Safety (PBS) program.
- Takes an active role in improving safety performance by leveraging experience, creativity and employee input.
- Works as part of the team to develop and/or modify job hazard analyses for all areas of the facility.
- Confers with all levels of the local organization to resolve problems and measures to improve operations, the condition of machines and equipment, and procedures as needed.
- Can interpret company policies and work with employees to achieve compliance.
- Analyzes and resolve work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Looks for ways to reduce costs and supports team cost reduction goals.
- Works with the crib to order PPE, safety supplies and other materials required for the foundry.
- Conducts regular inspections/tests of safety related items and equipment, as required by regulations and/or Company policy.
- Directs training of employees as needed to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company policies and procedures.
- Rotates shifts if/when necessary.
- Collect, analyzes and interprets data and prepares associated reports as needed and can present the findings in a professional environment to various groups in the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to successfully pass the respirator testing protocol and wear a respirator as needed.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline from four-year college or university; minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Â· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety policies, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Â· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Â· Ability to speak effectively to groups both internal and external to the organization.
Â· Preferred candidate should be proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word and Power Point).
Â· OSHA 10 and/or 30-hour course completion, basic first aid and CPR training and experience in industrial hygiene would be beneficial to position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, climb stairs and/or ladders. The employee frequently is required to stand up to eight hours, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time will be spent mostly on the foundry floor inspecting, training, and monitoring conditions. Proper safety gear will always be worn. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled