Roasted Cauliflower, Red Pepper and Pine Nuts
This recipe comes from Kathy Coveyou and was originally featured in the June 2015 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine.
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts toasted (toast in a skillet until fragrant and slightly brown)
Steam cauliflower until it is tender enough to be pierced with a fork yet firm enough to give a little resistance when pierced. Toss cooled steamed cauliflower in a bowl with red pepper, garlic, sea salt, pepper and parsley and enough olive oil to thinly coat the vegetable mixture. Spread on a sheet pan. Roast at 400 degrees about 20 minutes until edges of the cauliflower and pepper begin to brown. Keep a close eye on the mix; once the veggies start to brown they can burn quickly. Toss the roasted vegetables with pine nuts and serve.