Roasted Asparagus Bundles with Blue Cheese and Crumbled Bacon
Serve these pretty bundles alongside sliced skirt steak and roasted potatoes.
For more asparagus recipes, check out this article featured in Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine!
- 2 1/2 pounds medium asparagus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 bunches fresh chives
Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F. Toss asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper in a large baking pan and arrange in a layer. Roast, shaking pan once about halfway through roasting, until asparagus is just tender, about 8 minutes total. To serve, tie a few spears into bundles using chives and sprinkle with blue cheese and bacon. Makes 6 servings.