Northern Michigan Cherry Bruschetta
Northern Michigan Recipe: This Northern Michigan Cherry Bruschetta recipe is a fun twist on an Italian classic. Make it for your next summer BBQ or potluck! Use Northern Michigan's cherries in a whole new way in this Cherry Capitol version of an Italian classic. Hand-held bruschetta is a perfect snack or appetizer for a summertime get-together!
- 18 1/2 inch thick slices of small baguette-style bread (Try local Stone House Bread's sweet or rustic baguette!)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided (check out Fustini's Oil and Vinegar on Front Street, Traverse City)
- 1 1/2 cups pitted fresh sweet cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup each chopped cilantro and diced yellow sweet pepper
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil