Provides clinical and/or administrative support in the Rehab Physician Specialists office.
Must be credentialed, registered or certified as a medical assistant.
Certification with American Association of Medical Assistants is preferred.
Must maintain entry level requirements. Experience with EHR is required.
Must possess the ability to communicate effectively and the ability to work positively with all. Assertiveness, organizational skills, effective time management, flexibility and self-motivation are essential. Must be able to meet physical demands such as bending, stretching, kneeling, twisting, lifting, patient transfer, pushing, pulling, and utilizing proper technique, etc. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
BCLS certification preferred.
Reports to the Medical Practice leader which can include: Coordinator, Manager and/or Practice Administrator.
1) Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare
2) Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3) Promotes personal and patient safety.
4) Has basic understanding of Relationship-Based Care (RBC) principles, meets expectations outlined in Commitment To My Co-workers, and supports RBC unit action plans.
5) Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
6) Demonstrates adherence to all policies and procedures.
7) Strictly adheres to patient confidentiality.
8) Interaction with customers is expected to be friendly, appropriate and accurate. As a direct contact with patients and families, this individual must create a professional image through outstanding telephone courtesy, pleasantness, the ability to keep their composure and the use of judgment and tact in dealing with others.
9) Maintains a professional working relationship with staff members, ancillary services and medical staff.
10) Perform all duties listed in department specific competencies.
11) Provides personalized care for patients while assuring a timely patient flow through the office.
12) Act as an advocate for the patient in his/her interactions with health care services.
13) Assist health care providers when requested.
14) Assists with day-to-day operations as required for optimal patient care.
15) Attend staff development programs.
16) Directs own continuing education activities and keep skills current, expand knowledge base and comply with entry level requirements.
17) Knows the physical requirements of the job and works within the guidelines of the department. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to hospital procedure.
18) Ability to communicate effectively using various forms of communication (digital/verbal) with all members of healthcare team.
Administrative duties (may include, but not limited to):
Documenting and updating pertinent medical record requirements
Coding and filling out insurance forms
Arranging for hospital admissions, referrals, and laboratory services.
Using computer applications
Clinical duties (may include, but not limited to):
Taking medical histories
Explaining treatment and procedures to patients
Timely follow through and completion of referral requests
Preparing patients for examination
Assisting the physician during exams
Collecting and preparing lab specimens
Preforming basic laboratory tests including blood draws
Instructing patients via standardized pathways and protocols
Preparing and administrating medications as directed by the physician.
Removing sutures and changing dressings
Other clinical services as required by specialty
19)Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.