EJ has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Supervisor.
Generous Benefit Package that includes: Vacation & Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program, 401K (with match), Life Insurance, etc.
About EJ: We are the leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of access solutions for water, sewer, drainage, telecommunications, and utility networks. We have a presence worldwide and our corporate headquarters is in East Jordan, Michigan.
The core strength of our business is our dedicated employees. Employees who embrace our values, understand the importance of relationships, and strive for excellence. Our values, which have been passed down for generations, are the essence of our company's identity and our guide for making decisions. Core values at EJ include, safety and security, honesty and integrity, environmental responsibility, respect for others, quality and excellence, and social responsibility.
EJ is a family owned company and remains one of the most stable, progressive, well-tooled manufacturing companies in the world.
Location: Elmira, Michigan
Directs and coordinates activities of employees engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment, and in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and utility systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews work requests to determine work priorities. Schedules repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment to ensure continuous production operations.
- Coordinates activities of workers and/or contractors fabricating or modifying machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture new products or improve existing products.
- Directs maintenance activities on utility systems to provide continuous supply of heat, electric power, gas, or air required for operations.
- Supports preventive maintenance program in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
- Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities.
- Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards and OSHA regulations.
- Plans, develops, and implements new methods and procedures designed to improve operations, minimize operating costs, and effect greater utilization of labor and materials.
- Reviews new product plans and discusses equipment needs and modifications with engineers.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for the shift.
- Directs training of employees to improve performance and acquaint them with company policies and procedures. Creates procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Confers with management, engineering, and quality personnel to resolve maintenance problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and equipment.
- Promotes safety awareness, accident prevention, and employee involvement with regard to a safe work environment. Ensures employees understand the safety expectations of the organization.
- Promotes the company culture, the mission and vision, and the core values of the company.
Manages subordinate employees in the Maintenance Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma required, Associate or bachelor's degree preferred; five years maintenance experience and/or training required, including working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and heights. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and occasionally loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled