- 1 6-ounce package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 1 21-ounce can Montmorency Very Cherry Pie Filling (from kingorchards.com)
- 1 20-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 8-ounce package softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
Put gelatin in a large mixing bowl. Dissolve gelatin with 2 cups boiling water; mix well. Add cherry pie filling and pineapple with juice from the can. Mix well. Pour into 13x9x2 inch pan. Refrigerate until gelatin is set. Mix cream cheese, sour cream and sugar until smooth. Spread over salad after gelatin is set. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired, just before serving. Makes 12 large servings.