- *3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cooking spray, coconut oil, or additional butter (to use on griddle)
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the large egg and melted butter into buttermilk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone. Don’t overmix.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with butter, coconut oil or cooking spray. Pour batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Gently (on low heat, and keep an eye on it) warm some of your favorite peanut butter, and jelly separately in the microwave and pour however much you like over the pancakes!
- Serve to your kids and be prepared for some high fives & hugs!