My Community Dental Centers (MCDC) is seeking a Dental Director for our non-profit dental care organization. MCDC operates thirty-four (34) centers throughout Michigan along with the administrative office located in Petoskey, Michigan. This position is largely field-based and could have a home station at any of our 34 centers, including our headquarters in Petoskey, Michigan. There are approximately 350 MCDC colleagues working hard every day to help bring great quality care to our patients.
We are recognized as one of the largest non-profit dental providers in the country and have received multiple awards and recognitions for our successful business model and mission of delivering exceptional patient care.
The Dental Director (DD) reports directly to and supports every aspect of the work of the Chief Dental Officer (CDO). The DD is required to maintain a highly effective working relationship with the Regional Recruiter to foster recruitment and retentions of the finest available professional staff (dentists). The DD is responsible for partnering with the Chief Operations Officer (COO), Director of Operations and other staff to ensure efficient and quality care is provided by clinical staff. The DD is responsible for maintaining an effective working relationship with fellow Dental Directors in developing and supporting practices that drive quality of care and patient experience improvement. In this regard the DD acts on behalf of the CDO and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in interactions with the professional staff, clinical support staff, and the management team. Given this authority the DD has the responsibility of a leader, clinical consultant, fact gatherer, liaison, spokesperson, and manager depending on the need and situation. These responsibilities involve professionals within MCDC team as well as outside constituents.
- Support and give counsel to the CDO, and other members of the management and leadership team in the development of continuous quality improvement and patient experience strategy as it relates to clinical staff and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the CDO to develop and administer doctor assessments/scorecards and performance improvement plans which support quality improvement, patient experience, and clinical/operational efficiencies.
- Serve on Peer-review Clinical Committees as assigned.
- Collaborate with CDO and members of the management and operational team to develop, assess and maintain an effective clinical staff on-boarding program.
- Provide counsel, coaching and mentoring as needed for clinical staff.
- Travel to various centers as needed to work with clinical staff as well as administrative meetings.
- Spend a portion of the week performing in a manner consistent with other dentists to render clinical care to patients as scheduled.
- Provide chart reviews upon request from the CDO to adhere to quality control policies and procedures.
- Perform in a manner consistent with other dentists in taking directives from center and/or regional management when performing dentist role in center.
- Respond to Billing inquiries/tickets and production adjustments as needed.
- Manage and maintain the MCDC Dental Formulary and work with vendors to ensure accuracy.
- Work with contracted dental laboratories to maintain quality controls.
- Support of the MCDC vision, mission, culture and operating norms.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In depth knowledge of current best practices within the dental and healthcare industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to remain organized and detail-oriented while working in a fast-paced environment.
- The skill to multi-task effectively without compromising the quality of your work.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the disposition to thrive under pressure.
- Self-motivation and ability to work both independently and as a reliable team member.
- Ability to be impartial and separate DD role from clinical dentist role when dealing with fellow dentists on clinical or administrative initiatives.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel throughout disperse geographical region.
- The qualified candidate will possess a degree in dentistry, either DDS or DMD
- The qualified candidate will possess an understanding of billing practices and coding, with specific experience in Medicaid billing/coding.
- A commitment to health care improvement as documented by membership in appropriate professional organizations and attendance at meetings which have the primary function of imparting knowledge related to continuous quality improvement.
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
MCDC offers competitive pay above ADA average. We also offer full-time benefits including: health, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan with a 100% matching contribution up to 5% matching, life and disability insurance, MCDC-paid professional liability insurance, professional association dues contribution, CE reimbursement, potential state and federal student loan reimbursements, paid holidays, modern facilities, equipment and electronic patient records, complimentary MCDC work attire, gym membership reimbursement.
External Company Name: My Community Dental Centers Inc.
External Company URL: https://www.mydental.org/
Street: 3890 Charlevoix Avenue