Local dietician, Patti Hennrick, shares this fun and simple recipe—a favorite of hers for a summer day with kids. Stop by your nearest farmers market, grab a basket of Northern Michigan strawberries, and get eating on this healthy summer snack!
- Serving size: 5 strawberries
- Calories: 100, Fat: 4.5 grams
Recipe adapted from Eatright.org from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- 5 large strawberries
- 30 semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- Parents or older children, cut the tops off the berries, then cut them lengthwise.
- Children can gently push 3 chocolate chips into each half to create the ladybug’s spots.
- Serve on a festive summer platter.