Brussels Sprouts and Raclette Gratin
Over the past few years, Brussels sprouts have unexpectedly become the new darling of the culinary world, starring in everything from appetizers to salads, stir-fries, breakfast dishes and more. But the simplicity and deliciousness of pairing them with melty cheese never gets old.
Thank you to John and Anne Hoyt, founders of Leelanau Cheese, for the recipe! Read their story in the January 2018 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine!
Serves 6–8 as a side dish
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed of outer leaves and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 shallots, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cup whole milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 6 ounces Leelanau Cheese raclette, grated, divided (or enough to yield 2 cups)