Bacon Bowl Recipe
Sparks BBQ in downtown Traverse City started with a passion for backyard grilling. Encouraged by family and friends’ endless compliments, owner and pitmaster Dean Sparks opened up a food truck at The Little Fleet. Serving slow-smoked pulled pork, baby back ribs, and sandwiches topped with homemade coleslaw; the truck was a flaming success.
Today, barbecue lovers can also find Dean at his brick and mortar restaurant at 201 E. Front St. Or fulfill your grill desires at home with one of Dean's favorite recipes for a bacon bowl.
- 1 pound standard cut bacon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (each cut into 1/4)
- 2 kids cheese mozzarella cheese sticks, sliced into 1/4" rings (fresh mozzarella would be tastier but more expensive)
- 10 leaves fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup thin slices red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh garlic chopped
- 1 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste