Bacon and Feta Stuffed Butternut Squash
More unbelievable bacon recipes by Burritt's:
- Monkfish Bean and Bacon Stew
- Root Vegetable Apple Hash with Nueske’s Applewood Smoked Bacon
- Bourbon Maple Bread Pudding with Candied Bacon
Check out this article for bacon cooking tips and recipes.
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil (hearty drizzle)
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh
- 1/2-3/4 bacon, chopped
- Feta cheese (enough to sprinkle on top of finished dish)
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1/4-1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
Place peeled and cubed butternut squash pieces in 13-by-9-inch baking dish with a hearty drizzle of olive oil to keep from sticking. Sprinkle salt and black pepper over and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Add cranberries to the baking dish and return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cranberries start popping. Remove from oven and add your sweetener of choice (maple syrup or honey), sprinkle cinnamon over top, and stir in bacon bits. Plate and sprinkle feta over the top (it will have cooled enough by now so the feta will not melt into the dish).