Asparagus, Wild Leek and Arugula Micro Greens Pizza
By eating seasonally, we reap the benefits of good health through nutrition from fresh, unprocessed and sustainable produce. Try more farm-to-table recipes by The Intentional Minimalist!
This recipe features local produce from 9 Bean Rows Farm, Spring Hollow Farm, and locally produced products from Dennett's Gluten Free, Food for Thought, and Farm Country Cheese House.
- Gluten-free pizza crust mix (or your favorite kind!)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup asparagus, sliced
- 1/4 cup wild leeks, chopped
- 1/2 cup wild leek marinara sauce (Food for Thought)
- 2 teaspoons chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup arugula micro greens
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare and bake pizza crust. Shred sharp cheddar cheese, white cheddar cheese and mix together. Remove tough ends from asparagus spears and slice. Chop leeks. Spread wild leek marinara sauce on baked pizza crust. Top pizza with half the shredded cheese. Sprinkle chili pepper flakes on cheese. Top the pizza with the sliced asparagus, leeks, and the remaining shredded cheese. Bake pizza for 10 minutes. Turn oven off and place pizza in warm oven for an additional 5 minutes. Remove pizza from oven and let sit for a few minutes. Sprinkle pizza with arugula micro greens before serving.