1. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore by Lisa Flaska Erickson
This Photo of the Week entry shows off the gorgeous view at Empire Bluffs inside the Sleeping Bear Dunes. Here’s how you can explore the beauty of this National Lakeshore for yourself.
2. Turquoise Waters by Jon Prichard
Also a Photo of the Week entry, this photo takes us high above Suttons Bay for a gorgeous wintertime view. Here’s how you can plan a stunning and adventurous Up North trip year-round.
3. Village Cheese Shanty + Rock Hunting Adventure by Rachel Soulliere
This video post comes attached to one of our favorite articles of the year. Rock hunting in Northern Michigan is some of the best in the world, so here are 4 of our favorite rock hunting spots and where to stop by for food afterward.
4. Bountiful Rock Hunting by Lucy Hunter
This post was our kick-off to spring rock hunting and was very clearly loved by all. From Petoskey Stones to Leland Blues and some of our favorite places to find them, here is our Ultimate Rock Hunting Guide.
5. Northern Migration’s Victorian on Madison Photographed by Jesse David Green
Marissa Wege a talented realtor, designer and brain behind Northern Migration took us inside her perfectly redone 1863 Victorian on Madison in Traverse City. You’re not going to want to miss taking a look inside for yourself.
6. Stacy Brugeman’s Pasty Recipe Photographed by Dave Weidner
New England has the lobster roll. The Windy City has a Chicago Dog. Michigan… has the pasty! This root vegetable pasty recipe pays homage to the Upper Peninsula favorite like never before.
7. ActionGlow Heads into Shark Tank on ABC
Two Traverse City brothers headed to Shark Tank to pitch their business, Action Glow. Here’s the official press release on the viewing party and information on their business (spoiler alert: they ended up making our region proud!)
8. Snowshoe in the Upper Peninsula with Little Traverse Conservancy
Lantern snowshoeing in the Upper Peninsula? Sign us up! Here are all the details on this exciting tour that made it one of our top posts of the year, plus how to see what they’ve got planned for this winter.
10. End of an Era at Fischer’s Happy Hour Tavern by Emily Tyra and Photographed by Allison Jarrell
Locally loved Fischer’s Happy Hour Tavern closed its doors at the end of 2022 after more than 50 years in business. Here’s our final love letter to this impactful Northern Michigan restaurant.