At this year’s Dan Berger’s International Wine and Cider Competition, Two K Farms, located in Suttons Bay, was named the top cidery in the United States along with multiple other honors for their line of ciders.
Additionally, Two K Farms received the following awards:
- Heirloom Ice Cider – Best of Show Cider, Best of Class & Gold Medal New World Cider – Best of Class & Triple Gold Medal
- Rose Cider – Best of Class & Gold Medal
- Spitzenburg Cider – Best of Class & Gold Medal
- Honeycrisp Ice Cider – Gold Medal Kingston Black Cider – Silver Medal Russet Cider – Silver Medal
- Old World Cider – Silver Medal Apple Pie Cider – Silver Medal
Photo by Allison Jarrell
About Two K Farms
Two K Farms is a cidery and winery located on the Leelanau Peninsula of Northern Michigan. All the ciders and wines are crafted from fruit grown on the farm. Over 30 heirloom varieties of cider-specific apples are planted with an emphasis on producing single variety ciders, as well as both traditional and modern blends.
About Dan Berger’s International Wine and Cider Competition
Celebrating 40 consecutive years as one of the nation’s most respected wine competitions, wine columnist/ journalist Dan Berger’s International Wine and Cider Competition follows carefully written rules, based on those created fifty years ago by Prof. Maynard Amerine at UC Davis, and remain applicable and scientifically valid to this date.