Traverse City’s National Cherry Festival is back for 2021! Featuring both in-person and virtual events, here’s what to expect at this year’s festival.
Virtual Cherry Festival Events for 2021
This year the National Cherry Festival will be hosting many events to ensure community members can all attend virtually or in person. From Consumer’s Energy Very Cherry Porch Parade to the Cherry History Driving tour, explore the list of all 2021 Cherry Festival virtual events.
Health & Wellness Festival Events
Celebrate health with the Northern Michigan community at this year’s National Cherry Festival health and wellness events. From Zumba by the bay to the Cherry Kids Fun Run, there are wellness events available for the whole family.
Keeping the whole family happy and entertained is a breeze. With hands-on arts and crafts, bike races, Kid’s Club, parades and more, it’ll be no trouble at all to pass the time until the classic car show or fireworks show. The kids will be fast asleep in bed after long days of fun they’ll remember for years to come. Here’s your guide to National Cherry Festival free family fun events.
Photo by Dave Weidner
Be sure to pack your appetite before heading to National Cherry Festival. The week begins with a pancake breakfast and will hardly slow down until the festival’s last moments. Farmers markets and food trucks line the streets, while barbecues and picnics pave their way into each day. Be sure to pace yourself—you won’t want to miss a bite! Here’s your guide to National Cherry Festival food events.
Related: Searching for activities, dining options or bars in Traverse City? View our Traverse City town page to start planning your Northern Michigan adventure.
Is it time for a date night? Ladies’ night out? Time to just sit back, cool down, and have a drink? Stop by the Cherry Festival Beer Tent for some adult-only fun!
Cherry Festival Lodging
Need a place to stay while you enjoy the Cherry Festival? We’ve got you covered. Here are some comfortable places at various price points. (And here are some cool nearby towns with awesome hotel options if you want to stay outside of Traverse City.)
- Best Western Four Seasons, 305 Munson Ave., Traverse City
- Bayshore Resort, 833 E. Front St., Traverse City
- Brio Beach Inn, 1465 US 31 N, Traverse City
- Cherry Tree Inn and Suites, 2345 US 31 N, Traverse City
- Grand Traverse Resort and Spa, 100 Grand Traverse Village Blvd., Acme
- Pinestead Reef Resort, 1265 US 31 N, Traverse City
For more hotel information and suggestions, visit MyNorth’s hotel directory.
Parking and Public Restrooms
You’ll find parking at the Larry C. Hardy Parking Deck located on Front and State Streets, as well as in a number of public lots scattered about the city.
Public restrooms will be available at the following locations:
- Clinch Park – 181 E. Grandview Pkwy.
- Traverse City Visitor Center – 101 W. Grandview Pkwy.
- Chamber of Commerce – 202 E. Grandview Pkwy.
- Great Lakes Bath & Body – 110 E. Front St.
- Espresso Bay – 202 E. Front St.
- Milk & Honey – 240 E. Front St.
- Morsels Espresso & Bakery – 321 E. Front St.
- BATA Transit Center – 115 Hall St.
Open Space Park Rules
- Pets are not allowed in the Open Space Park during festival week.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the Open Space Park except in the Festival Beverage Pavilion and the Beer Tent. Special festival events, including wine-tasting, are also an exception.
- Smoking is prohibited in the park.