Giving locally not only eases challenges and offers opportunities close to home, but it also allows donations to recirculate in a crucial way through our local economy. Consider a donation, of your money or time, to these Northern Michigan nonprofits featured in the 2020 issue of MyNorth Give, and click to read each of the nonprofit’s inspiring stories.
- Saving Our Solace: Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy’s preservation work ramps up in the face of development and increased outdoor recreation.
- Feeding a Need: Goodwill Northern Michigan’s food rescue program ensures the region’s hungry and homeless have access to food.
- Teach Your Children Well: Michigan Association for the Education of Young Children fights for more resources and better pay for early-childhood educators.
- Building Community: Groundwork Center for Resilient Communities brings partners together, as they did with the recent launch of the Local Food Relief Fund.
- A Path Forward: Eagle Village provides foster kids therapy, education, job training and a loving, stable home.
- Hope & Healing: Child & Family Services of Northwestern Michigan supports foster kids, foster parents and biological parents.
- Beyond Books: In the midst of COVID-19, Traverse Area District Library becomes an essential service to community members.
- Comfort & Joy: Grand Traverse Area Society of St. Vincent de Paul promotes employment, prevents homelessness and provides warmth.
- Making Connections: With nine projects underway, Traverse Area Recreation and Transportation Trails provides and promotes a trail network throughout the Grand Traverse region.
- Neighbors Helping Neighbors: Benzie Area Christian Neighbors helps people who are struggling work toward self-sufficiency by providing healthy food, clothing, education, social support and financial assistance.
- Intervening for a Child: Serving as a response center for allegations of child abuse, Traverse Bay Children’s Advocacy Center shields children of abuse from the trauma of the process.
Read more Northern Michigan nonprofit stories, as well as how to donate and volunteer, in the free digital edition of MyNorth GIVE 2020 below; And get it in print for free when you subscribe to Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.