Decadent baked goods, craft beverages, piles of pasta … here are five new delivery and to-go options at Traverse City restaurants, bars and home bakeries that we’re excited about.
1. Slabtown Cookie Co. // These creative chunky-liscious cookies first caught our attention back in June, when Katie Otterman started a self-serve cookie stand at her Traverse City home (228 Monroe St.). Katie posts her ever-changing menu daily on Facebook and Instagram, with rotating favorites like The Kegger (a massive half-pound brownie made with local stouts from Right Brain and Brewery Terra Firma), Euchre Night (a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dipped in chocolate, Great Lakes Potato Chips and crushed pretzels) and The Slab (layers of salted caramel, chocolate, peanut butter and cookie crunch topped with flaky Maldon Sea Salt). Stop by between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. (bring cash). If you’d like to order in advance or place a large order, text or call Katie at 312-890-8943.
2. The Little Fleet’s Online Party Store // Just when you think The Little Fleet can’t possibly get any cooler, they say, “surprise!” Literally. The new Surprise Party Pack includes a variety six-pack of beer, bottle of wine and batched cocktail. Order it online via Little Fleet’s new party store, which also has individual craft cocktails, hard-to-find beers, natural and funky wines and more for pickup or local delivery within a 4-mile radius. (Free delivery over $50, otherwise it’s $5.)
Photo by The Little Fleet
3. Ponyboy Bake Drop // When Gold Baby Biscuits closed after one beautiful, delicious year in Suttons Bay, we mourned the loss of those pillowy, perfectly golden biscuits. So, when the legendary ladies Alicia Manson and Lyndsey Egli announced their newest venture, Ponyboy, in September, we were beyond thrilled. Ponyboy is “a super small-time baked goods delivery service” offering homemade delights like caramel pecan sticky buns, peach hand pies and chocolate cake. The baked good changes weekly (follow Ponyboy on Instagram to keep up with the menu). How to order: 1) Text your order to 231-534-4867 (name, address, delivery day); 2) They’ll send you a confirmation text; 3) You pay via Venmo; 4) They text you when they’ve delivered the goods! Contactless delivery is offered every day from 6–9 p.m. Free delivery in Traverse City and a $5 fee for other nearby places.
4. The Flying Noodle’s Pasta Boxes // The Flying Noodle opened on Front Street on July 7, serving Italian favorites such as alfredo and Roman-style personal pizzas. On September 28, they debuted a new menu item: pasta boxes. A box serves four to six people and includes your choice of two kinds of pasta, two sauces and one meat (or veggie) served with choice of salad (house or Caesar), cheesy bread, parmesan and herbs for $60. It’s the dinner to-go that dreams are made of. Fill out an order form online at Flying Noodle’s website by 4 p.m. the day prior, and a confirmation email or phone call will be sent within 12 hours of your request.
Photo by The Flying Noodle
5. TC Food Delivers App // It’s like DoorDash and Grubhub, but local. TC Food includes three local restaurants: FireFly, Bubba’s and The Kitchen. Place your order on the app and have it delivered to your door. Yes, I repeat, you can have FireFly’s famous sweet potato fries and a bottle of wine or a six-pack delivered to your door.