Several Northern Michigan restaurants are serving Mother’s Day brunch to go this year. Note, orders must be placed in advance.
Do you know a restaurant that’s offering brunch to go? Email email@example.com and I’ll add it to the list!
Crystal Mountain // Thompsonville
Mother’s Day brunch to go is for four people for $95. Orders should be placed online by May 5 (order here). Here’s the menu:
- Fresh spring salad, organic spinach and arugula tossed with dried cherries, fresh blueberries, toasted pine nuts and crumbled feta cheese. Served with a Michigan cherry vinaigrette
- Ciabatta bread with basil pesto butter
- Sleeping Bear honey glazed pork tenderloin, stone-ground mustard
- Slow roasted natural turkey breast marinated in fresh herbs, served with roasted turkey pan sauce
- Vegetable quiche with sun-dried tomatoes, roasted kale, Gruyere cheese, fresh basil and oregano
- Mushroom and asparagus risotto
- Grilled vegetable display with fire-roasted Portobello mushroom, eggplant, yellow squash, sweet red peppers and carrots finished with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and balsamic glaze
- Chocolate bread pudding with a Grand Marnier Anglaise
Black Star Farms // Suttons Bay
A trio of delightful treats for mom is available.
A complete Mother’s Day meal for up to six people is being offered to go for $120. The meal will feature shrimp cocktail, wild ramp and mushroom quiche, spring salad, duchess potatoes, grilled vegetables, stuffed pork tenderloin and turtle cheesecake. The café has teamed up with the tasting room with suggested wine pairings (at a 20% discount). Here’s the full menu:
- Chilled shrimp with cocktail sauce
- Wild ramp, mushroom, and Gruyere cheese quiche
- Spring salad—bibb lettuce, Mandarin oranges, strawberries, blueberries, cashews with raspberry vinaigrette
- Duchess potatoes
- Grilled seasonal vegetables
- Stuffed pork tenderloin—spinach, cherries, cream cheese with wild ramp pesto cream sauce
- 6” turtle cheesecake
The trifecta is complete with a choice of three flower arrangements for mom, offered by 307 Events and Tents. All elements for Mother’s Day are requested to be ordered together and will be picked up in one stop. Details, wine and flower options can be found online here.
You may order everything—brunch, wine and flowers—together, or only order one. All orders must be received by Tuesday, May 5 at 12 p.m. To order call 231-944-1258 and leave a message, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curbside pick-up will be at the Hearth & Vine Café at Black Star Farms Suttons Bay on Saturday, May 9 between 12–4 p.m. Specific pick up times will be assigned to conform with social distancing measure guidelines.
Birch & Maple // Frankfort
The special menu is $20.20 per person. Add a mimosa kit for $20. Call to order at 231-399-0399. Pickup will be available between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. on May 10. The menu includes:
- Company omelet with spinach, asparagus and feta cheese
- Potato hash with bacon, green pepper and cartelized onions
- Ham and white cheddar biscuit with honey butter
- Fruit parfait
- Strawberry and cream cheese sheet cake
Alliance // Traverse City
Alliance is offering a special meal kit that can be ordered in advance over the phone (231.642.5545) from May 1–May 8 and picked up on May 10. Individual pickup times will be arranged when you place your order. Ask about wine pairings when you call. The $65 kit serves 3–4 people and includes:
- Loaf of beccas bread with butter
- Kinilaw with Michigan shrimp
- Acorn squash salad with greens and brown butter
- Napa cabbage salad with ranch
- Mashed potatoes and gravy
- Fried chicken with sauces
- Flourless chocolate cake
The Riverside Inn // Leland
Orders must be placed by Friday, May 8 at 5 p.m. Call 231.256.9971 (pay over the phone) and the team will give you an approximate pick-up time. View the full menu here; a quick look below:
- Smoked salmon plate ($16)
- Frittata ($17)
- Corned beef hash bake ($17)
- Breakfast burrito ($17)
- Savory croissants ($15 adult, $13 child)
- Strawberry shortcake pancakes ($16 adult, $13 child)