Head to Boyne Highlands in Harbor Springs on October 12 for the 6th Annual Hops ‘n Highlands Microbrew Festival.
While the weekend-long festival offers an impressive selection of 45+ Michigan breweries and 175 microbrews, it is so much more than a beer festival. This year, the exciting Northern Michigan event will also include a new lineup of family activities. Pumpkin painting, stein hoisting and the Ro Sham Bo Championships are all on the schedule. (For those who have never heard of the hysterically fun Ro Sham Bo, our friends at Boyne Highlands explained it as a “competitive spin off the classic Rock, Paper, Scissors game.”) Both serious competitors and those new to the game will enter the championship, the winner will be taking home a trophy! View the full schedule of events below.
Tickets for adults ages 21+ are $20 and include a festival wristband with three beer tickets, commemorative tasting glass and a coin for voting that also counts as a ticket. For those are not yet 21 years old, admission is $10. All tickets are available at MyNorthTickets.com.
Schedule of Events // Hops ‘n Highlands Microbrew Festival
Friday: Kick-Off Party in Slopeside Lounge: 7 p.m.–Close
– Welcome reception
– Bar snacks, cash bar with Michigan craft beer specials
– Merchandise available for early purchase
Saturday: Festival Grounds Open: 1–6 p.m.
– Featuring 45+ Michigan breweries and 175 craft beers
– Tickets are available for purchase to sample beers ($2 per four-ounce pour)
– Live entertainment
– Food truck: Up in Smoke
– Boyne Highlands Food Tent
– Complimentary Scenic Chairlift Rides from 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
– Discounted Twin Zip Rides with festival wrist band, $15 for two rides from 4–7 p.m.
New! Fun Family Activities: Pumpkin Painting, Stein Hoisting, Ro Sham Bo Championships
Saturday: After Party in Slopeside Lounge: 6:30 p.m.–Close
– Cash bar
– Live entertainment by Chris Koury Band
– Create your own 6-pack in the Olympic Room