With cooler temperatures and flurries in the forecast, it’s time to share the improvements and changes in store for this winter at Northern Michigan’s Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire.
Boasting terrain on two distinct mountains, friendly guest service and everyday low rates, Shanty Creek Resort offers the opportunity for a spectacular winter getaway. The resort is excited to announce the following improvements for the upcoming 2018/2019 season.
What’s New at Shanty
- New Rental Equipment from Rossignol – A big change for the 2018/2019 season will be 100% new rental equipment from Rossignol including skis, ski boots, snowboards snowboard boots. Rossignol’s lineup provides the latest design technology to create buttery smooth turns and carving.
- Expanded Nordic Trails – Across our three-village groomed trail system, our crew has excavated extensively to widen our trails to nearly 20 feet to allow for side-by-side track-set trails plus plenty of space for groomed skate skiing too.
- New Nordic Trails Groomer – To make the expanded trails project a reality, a Prinoth Bombadier MP will create the wider, double track-set trails in 2018/2019 and beyond.
- New Nordic Center at Schuss Village – For guests wanting Nordic ski and snowshoe adventures, the Nordic Center will now be located in Schuss Village where the Schuss Mountain golf course Pro Shop is located during the non-ski season. This location provides out-the-door access to easier, flatter trails, while still connecting to the more challenging trails leading to Cedar River and Summit villages.
- Expanded Glades on Schuss Mountain – Related to our excavation project for Nordic trails, our crew has expanded and improved the glades section of Schuss Mountain.
- New All-Terrain Groomer – A new Prinoth Bison X has been added to the fleet that grooms the slopes and leaves trails of corduroy on Schuss and Summit Mountains.
To help the snowmaking crew open terrain as early as possible, a new cold water source, pumps and other infrastructure were installed. Shanty Creek now also offers guests the chance to get on the snow a little faster. Purchase lift tickets from self-serving ‘vending machines’ at Ivan’s and The Lodge at Cedar River.
Located in Bellaire, just northeast of Traverse City, Shanty Creek Resorts offers a variety of winter experiences for the entire family. The three distinct villages within the resort—Summit, Schuss and Cedar River—have everything from downhill to cross country skiing, terrain parks and tubing. For more information on Shanty Creek Resorts, lodging specials and events, visit shantycreek.com.
—Press release provided by Shanty Creek Resort
Heading to Bellaire/Charlevoix? We know the best spots.
Click the cover to read our vacation guide.
[publication mode=”thumb” name=”vg-charlevoix” align=”center” link=”viewnow”]