Larry and Nancy Bordine are roping in and harnessing up to build a climbing center, MI Summit, in Traverse City.
They’ve got the land (6782 E. Traverse Highway). The building plans are finalized. And now they need to fund the structure and equipment. Through a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo, almost $29,400 has been raised of the $50,000 goal—they have 25 days left to reach it.
The Bordines are hoping to have the facility open by next year. Along with a climbing wall, which will include bouldering zones, there will be also a yoga studio, a large meeting room and an area for family/childcare during special events. The wall is unique in its design in that different heights will reward climbers with window views of Northern Michigan.
All media provided by MI Summit.
Active Experiences in Northern Michigan
- Michigan Ice Climbing, It’s Not for the Faint of Heart
- 10 Family-Friendly Hiking Trails in Northern Michigan
- Ultimate Summer Hike Guide to 10 Awesome Michigan Trails
- Autumn on Silver Mountain: Go Rock Climbing in the Upper Peninsula
- Meet Ty Schmidt, the Man Who Started a Bike-Friendly Revolution in Traverse City