More than 10,000 voters from across the state weighed in on 101 things they love about Northern Michigan. Their votes determined 303 Red Hot Best winners and 700+ honorable mentions. Here you’ll find the best adventure tours in Northern Michigan. Grab your gear and get ready for epic fun!
First Place: Platte River Canoe Trip, Riverside Canoes
By raft, paddle board, kayak, tube or yes, canoe, this slo-mo tour through the spectacular Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is a vacation-maker.
Second Place: Grand Traverse Commons Tunnel Tour
Journey through the underworkings of the former Traverse City State Hospital. Take a peek inside the tunnels!
FINALISTS FOR Best Adventure Excursions
- Free Walking History Tour of Traverse City
- Kayak, Bike and Brew
- Leelanau Conservancy Guided Hikes
- Paddle Antrim Kayaking Classes
- Paddling Michigan – Kayak Tours at Pictured Rocks
- Paddle for Pints, a Brewery Pub Paddle
- Zipline Adventure Tour, Boyne Highlands & Boyne Mountain