The 2018 Registration for the Norte Bike Más Summer Camp (a week-long, half-day camp) is now open to kids going into the 3rd grade through 8th grade. The Bike Más Project teaches urban bike safety skills and confidence through empowerment, education, and adventure.
Bike Más Summer Campers Will …
- Explore Traverse City on their bikes and discover new parks and trails.
- Learn how to bike safe and bike smart around town with friends.
- Develop bike repair and maintenance skills. Skills taught include changing a flat, adjusting brakes and more!
- Improve bike handling skills = less crashing = less injuries.
- Build independence and confidence. Meet new friends. Be active. Have FUN!
- 9 a.m.–noon; Monday to Friday
- Camp meets at the Norte Clubhouse at the Civic Center Park
- This summer there will be two lead instructors, each leading a separate group of Bike Más cyclist adventurers.
- Both groups will start and finish at the same time.
- Many scholarships are available.
- No bike? Bike too small? Norte has several bikes to lend for the week of camp!
- Gift certificates are available.
- All campers receive a wicking Norte T-shirt and an annual membership to the Norte Clubhouse.
Get to know Norte
Norte is the Traverse City area’s active transportation-centered, youth-focused, neighborhood-based 501c3 advocacy organization.
Norte’s mission is to help build stronger, better connected and more walk/bike friendly communities by empowering the young and young at heart.
Norte is developing the next generation of happy, healthy, strong leaders through its Safe Routes To School initiative, Pro Walk/Pro Bike advocacy, youth empowerment projects and mountain bike programs.
—Press release provided by Norte