During Traverse City Beer Week, November 10–18, MyNorth gives tour-goers three 4-ounce pours at each stop on the new MyNorth Traverse City Beer Week Tour. Enjoy live music, food specials and more fun along the way! You get nine days and nights to explore the Northern Michigan beer scene, including many local craft breweries. Go to a different stop every day, or travel to several Suds Spots on a Saturday.
Suds Spots on the MyNorth Beer Week Tour
- Right Brain Brewery
- North Peak
- The Jolly Pumpkin
- Blue Tractor Barbecue
- The Filling Station
- Sleder’s Family Tavern
- The Workshop Brewing Co.
- Mitten Brewing Co.
Tickets for the MyNorth Traverse City Beer Week Tour are $25.
Here’s what’s happening at each of our Suds Spots:
The Mitten Brewing Company in Northport
Nestled in the center of historic Northport, Mitten Northport offers guests a chance to enjoy their favorite Mitten tap selections while taking in the view of Grand Traverse Bay and Northport Marina. The taproom, located on the main street of the cozy town, provides an intimate setting for both local and visiting guests. The taproom proudly offers unique examples of classic beers, as well as wine and cider from local producers.
There are 12 beers on tap at the Mitten Brewing Company in Northport, and each one is available for one of your MyNorth Traverse City Beery Week Tour tastes!
Plus, at Mitten Brewing Company, MyNorth TC Beer Week Tour ticket holders receive 20% off of food purchases from the taproom food menu.
The Workshop Brewing Co.
Once you’ve enjoyed your Tour tastes, buy a 16 ounce pint at the Workshop Brewing Co. and you get to keep the etched monogram glass! (While supplies last, of course). Guests get a choice of any of Workshop’s year-round, Journeyman Beers and any Seasonal/Masters beers. Available beers will vary throughout the week, and include Harvest seasonal varieties, a special Brewer’s IPA and a very rare Barrel Aged Belgian Dubbel!
The Workshop Brewing Co. is in business to preserve Northern Michigan’s spectacular natural environment, add warmth to our community and brew great beer. Food specials will be available every day from 3 to 6 p.m. More awesome things you’ll be able to enjoy at The Workshop Brewing Co:
- Fri. 11/10 — Jonathon Timm, 8 p.m.
- Sat. 11/11– Broom Closet Boys, 8 p.m.
- Sun. 11/12– Beer Flow Yoga, 11 a.m.
- Mon. 11/13– Rotten Cherries Comedy Open Mic, 8 p.m.
- Wed. 11/15– Jazz Society Jam, 6 p.m.
- Fri. 11/17– Clark After Dark, 8 p.m.
- Sat. 11/18– Barbarossa Brothers, 8 p.m.
Sleder’s Family Tavern
Enjoy delicious fish, finger-lickin’ BBQ ribs or a juicy burger with a cold beer from one of 10 taps including local craft beer from Frankfort’s Stormcloud Brewing and Canadian Moosehead from St. John, New Brunswick, celebrating its 150th anniversary. And don’t forget to kiss Randolph the Moose for luck!
For the Tour, Sleder’s is offering a menu of samples. Beer Week Tourgoers can choose from the menu which three samples they’d like to try. Sleder’s plans on having a meet and greet with brewery reps in attendance from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Reps will be sharing the history of their brewery, food pairings for their entire lines and intel on their full portfolio! Plus they’ll bring merchandise for giveaways, so come early for the best swag.
Here’s the schedule:
- Friday, Nov. 10th: Stormcloud Brewing
- Monday, Nov. 13th: Samuel Adams Brewery
- Tuesday, Nov. 14th Atwater Brewing
- Wednesday, Nov. 15th Right Brain Brewing
- Thursday, Nov. 16th, Moosehead Brewing
- Friday, Nov. 17th, Short’s Brewing Co.
North Peak Brewing
Join North Peak Brewing for lunch or dinner and kick back in Traverse City’s landmark brewpub. A premier place for families, students, and friends to gather for great food. North Peak’s award-winning beer is brewed on-site and you can choose from several different brews on tap daily. Try the lager, stout, IPA or seasonal tap. For the MyNorth Traverse City Beer Week Tour, for your 3 tastes, you can choose from any of the 9 beers on tap, like Diabolical IPA, Siren Amber and Coco Lupulus, a dark chocolate hoppy ale brewed with cacao nibs, lots of delicious dark chocolate and plenty of local Michigan hops.
- Happy Hour is from 3–6 p.m. Sunday through Thursday—$1 off all alcohol, appetizers and pizzas
- Check out new North Peak merch, including long sleeve Henley’s, hoodies and more fall fashion.
- During Traverse City Beer Week, enjoy a special Burger & a Beer menu available Sunday through Thursday.
- Armageddon Burger: Cajun Seasoning, pepper jack cheese, haystack onions, chipotle mayo on a bakery roll, with sweet potato fries and a beer for $15
- Aussie Burger: grilled pineapple, Muenster cheese, micro greens, braised beets, bacon, Aussie sauce on a Hawaiian roll and a beer for $16
- Winter Garden Burger: vegetarian patty of beets, Lima beans, oats, quinoa & sunflower sprouts, melted provolone cheese, Thai chili sauce, with sweet potato fries and a beer for $14
- Southwestern Crab: panic-crusted blue crab patty, bell peppers, onions, spicy remoulade, chiffonade lettuce on a bakery roll with pub fries and a beer for $16
Blue Tractor Barbecue
Located in historic Old Towne Traverse City, at the former site of Dill’s Olde Towne Saloon, Blue Tractor Barbecue is an Old School Dining Establishment. We salute the working men and women of Northern Michigan who carry on the tradition of meeting up after a long, hard days work for food, friends and of course, beer. For your 3 MyNorth Traverse City Beer Week Tastes, you can choose from our complete list of beers on tap—ask your server to share the list of our great Michigan beers.
- Join us on the MyNorth Beer Week Tour during Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. to get pints and 12 oz. bottles for $3
- During Happy Hour, you can also enjoy classic pizza and slider baskets for $5
- Plus we have a special Pizza & Pint menu available Monday through Thursday, where you can order a delicious gourmet pizza with a pint of Michigan craft beer for one great price:
- Smoked Chicken: red onion, smoked Roma tomatoes, bechamel, jack cheese, balsamic reduction with a pint for $12
- Burnt Ends: beef brisket, smoked tomato jam, pickled jalapenos, smoked gouda, haystack onions with a pint for $13
- Firehouse: Cajun crust, jalapeno tomato sauce, chorizo, pepperoni, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, pepper jack cheese with a pint for $13
Smoke-Arita: smoked Roma tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil with a pint for $11
The Filling Station
Located just off the TART Trail in the historic railroad district, the Filling Station Microbrewery features a rotating list of many craft beers, which pair perfectly with our wood-fired flatbreads and fresh salads. You’ll enjoy views of Boardman Lake from inside the pub or out on the patio, live music and the occasional train passing by.
For your MyNorth Traverse City Beer Week Tour, you can choose from The Filling Station’s entire list of beers, around 18 or so, while supplies last. We expect Filling Station to release several beers that week and we’ll update this page as we get info.
Breaking News: Northern Michigan favorite, Mike Moran, is scheduled to play at The Filling Station on Saturday, November 18 from 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Jolly Pumpkin Restaurant & Brewery
Your MyNorth Traverse City Beer Week Tour takes you up the Old Mission coast to Jolly Pumpkin Restaurant & Brewery, where you can enjoy beer (and a couple ciders) from North Peak and Old Mission Beer Company, as well as Jolly Pumpkin. Enjoy the scenery past vineyards, autumn forests with the last dance of color hanging on and of course the stunning Grand Traverse shoreline. Come hungry to the cozy pub where you can enjoy a full menu, from starters of slow-smoked pulled pork nachos and truffled french fries to American Waygu Beef Burger and Cuban grinders. Anything on tap is fair game for your 3 Tour tastes.
- Jolly Pumpkin lives up to its quirky rep by bringing Beer Yoga to the MyNorth TC Beer Week Tour, asking you to bring a yoga mat, $10 and come thirsty on Wednesday, Nov. 15th from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Jen Haase of Yen Yoga, the leader, explains that no experience is necessary and all levels of practitioners are welcome.
- New merchandise is available for purchase, check out the designs
- Get a pint of North Peak or Old Mission Beer Company beer and a deep fried burrata with marinara sauce for $13, all week!
- All week, get $10 growler fills for your favorite Old Mission Brewing Company and North Peak brews.
Right Brain Brewery
We are a culinary brewery! We believe in experimenting with unusual ingredients not typically used in the beer brewing process! We brew high-quality, popular styles like Ambers, Pales, Stouts, and IPA’s. We also brew unique styles with unusual materials like whole pig parts, asparagus, or real cherry pie!
- Naughty Girl Stout is releasing just before Traverse City Beer Week, and so a great addition to Tour tastes. Naughty Girl Stout is deeply flavored, yet refreshing and cooling. This sensual, full-bodied stout combines rich chocolate flavors with an infusion of Biodynamic Peppermint from Light of Day Organics in Traverse City, Michigan. The chocolate mint stout delivers everything you love about chocolate mint cookies without the crumbs in your sleeping bag.
- Plus you can try Cake Walk, an extremely light and approachable cream ale brewed with real Madagascar Vanilla Beans. The addition of corn yields a light creamy mouth feel. This finishes smooth, not sweet.
- The final taste on the Tour is Northern Hawk Owl, a medium bodied Amber Ale with a lovely red hue, malty nose, and packed full with notes of caramel and toffee with a clean, not sweet, finish..
On Friday, Nov. 10 from 7–9 p.m., Right Brain kicks off Traverse City Beer Week with a Marine Corps Birthday Party—it is Veteran’s Day, after all.
On Thursday, Right Brain asks, “Why be normal?” and presents Trivia with a Twist from 7–9 p.m.
More beer week events being posted soon!