If every good party ends up in the kitchen, then the Northern Home & Cottage Tour open house at the Designs by Dawn studio is off to a great start with two inside kitchens and an outdoor one to boot. Here are some of the details to seek out in these showcase kitchens that are sure to inspire your Northern Michigan dreams:
- A four-foot-wide galley sink. Homeowners can choose custom accessories like prep bowls, cutting boards and more, that slide across.
- The team will be demonstrating the benefits of the induction cooktop.
- One end of the showroom is all about beverages … of course a wine fridge? Check! built-in keg with a tap? Check! Built-in coffee maker with the skills to do espresso, cappuccino and all things latte? Check!
- A steam oven—for those of us doting on fresh local veggies, this is a promising feature!
- Walls and boxes of drawer pull samples, counter-top materials and more until one feels spoiled for choice.
While you’re investigating all the thoughtful touches, the Designs by Dawn team will be serving a Northern Home & Cottage Tour favorite from their show homes in year’s past: pumpkin donuts, cookies and ample servings of American Spoon Food’s recipe for cherry peach pumpkin chili.
Take a peek inside the studio!