Someone once said: “Winter is not a season, it’s a celebration.”
We crave the first snowfall, breathe in the crisp air, and come alive. Explore the snowy side of Mackinac Island with us and discover why we love a winter day with friends in Northern Michigan.
Check out this Traverse Magazine feature about a winter vacation on Mackinac Island with beautiful photos by Erik Olsen.
Why We Love Winter
- Winter Steelhead Fishing in Northern Michigan
- Your Guide to the Best Northern Michigan Ski Resorts
- Challenge Mountain, Where the Impossible Becomes Possible
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Winter Photos—They’re Stunning
- 11 Dazzling Northern Michigan Winter Travel Ideas
- Northern Michigan Snowmobile Trails, Lodging and Pubs (Hangouts You Gotta Know)