OLD MISSION PENINSULA: This year, turn the winter blahs into winter ahhs with the Old Mission Snowshoe Wine & Brew, Michigan’s only organized wine and snowshoe outing. Spend Sunday afternoons, starting January 8, with family and friends taking in the sights and sounds of Old Mission Peninsula coated with shimmering snow.
Grab your snowshoes, or stop by Brick Wheels to rent a pair for the day, and head to Jolly Pumpkin to park. Board the TC Brew Bus, specializing in Traverse City Brewery and Winery Tours, for transportation to the first stop—Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery. This family-owned boutique winery, situated on 91 acres with breathtaking views of East Grand Traverse Bay, produces small batch wines including some of the most sought-after red wines on the peninsula.
From there, follow the flagged snowshoe trail across Old Mission Peninsula to Bowers Harbor Vineyards. Take in the panoramic views of Bowers Harbor while tasting one of the more than 25 different wines and hard ciders offered including the unique Bordeaux-style 2896.
Then hike back to the Mission Table tasting room in front of Jolly Pumpkin, an award-winning brewery, distillery and restaurant.
Tickets are $20 per person, and include:
- Parking and shuttle service from Jolly Pumpkin to Brys Estate.
- 5 samples of wine at Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery. If you decide to linger and sip in the breathtaking views, enjoy $5 glass of wine specials, 10% off wine purchases and they will deliver your purchases to Jolly Pumpkin.
- 5 samples of wine and/or hard cider at Bowers Harbor Vineyards. Huddle around the outdoor fire pit and take advantage of $5 glasses of wine or pints of hard cider, 10% off wine and hard cider purchases and they will deliver your purchases to Jolly Pumpkin.
- 5 samples of beer or spirits at the Mission Table tasting room in front of Jolly Pumpkin. 10% off bottles of beer and spirits to take home.
Snowshoers who check in on Facebook at each stop get a stamp and will receive a snowshoe souvenir wine glass at Jolly Pumpkin.
To reserve your spot for select shuttle times and to purchase tickets, visit TC Brew Bus. Tours will run every Sunday.
– Press release provided by Old Mission Peninsula Snowshoe Wine and Brew