From dancing the night away with your closest friends and family to fine dining and entertainment, there are tons of New Year’s Eve parties for teens this year in Northern Michigan.
12500 Crystal Mountain Drive | Thompsonville
Teen DJ Dance Party, 9 p.m.–Midnight
A dance party just for teens! Listen to your favorite hits and dance 2016 away. Includes party favors, snacks and soda, live countdown at midnight and a great view of the Torchlight Parade and Fireworks at the Crystal Center. Ages 13–20 only. Held in the Crystal Center, chaperoned by Crystal Mountain staff. $12 per person.
Fireworks Over the Mountain, Midnight
Free, everyone is welcome!
1 Boyne Mountain Road | Boyne Falls
New Year’s Eve Family Splashtacular Special
$50 all-inclusive water park and arcade special, which includes:
- Admission to Avalanche Bay Indoor Waterpark
- $10 in Avalanche Bay Arcade tokens
- Two slices of pizza and pop with two free refills
- Entry to the NYE Teen Dance Party, 10 p.m.–1 a.m. featuring D313GATION DJs from A+ Event Entertainment, Boyne Mountain Arcade
- Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by a ticketed adult
Family Dance Party, Matterhon – Civic Center, 10 p.m.–1 a.m.
Ring in 2016 as a family at Boyne Mountain’s NEW Family Dance Party!
- Free admission
- DJ Luke G of A+ Event Entertainment
- Views of the fireworks and torchlight parade
- Visits from Fritz, the Resort Mascot
- Family Board Games
- Balloon Drop at Midnight
- Cash bar for parents, and kiddie cocktail bar for the kiddos
- Watch the ball drop over Times Square on the big screen projectors
- Complimentary admission for resort houseguests, owners and pass holders
- Parents must stay with their children at the party; children cannot be left unattended
500 Nub’s Nob Road | Harbor Springs
New Year’s Eve Torchlight Parade, 6 p.m. at the bottom of the Green lift
Is there anything better than watching skiers make their runs down Nub’s slopes with a beautiful fire display? This parade begins at 6 p.m. on December 31. There is no ticket required and is completely free of charge. Come celebrate 2017 at Nub’s Nob for a night of beautiful entertainment and fun atmosphere.
Shanty Creek Resort
5780 Shanty Creek Road | Bellaire
Family Dinner Show
From fine dining to fireworks over Summit mountain, The Dinner Show is one for the books. The entire family is able to enjoy New Years dinner from 6:30–8 p.m. in the Grand ballroom, and then enjoy fireworks at midnight over Summit Mountain. Adults $58; seniors $56; children (ages 6-12) $23. For reservations, call 866.695.5010.
3962 Wilkinson Road | Gaylord
The Family Party
From 8 p.m.–12:30 a.m. in the Oak Room, right off the main lobby. (Families must attend this one together.)
- Enjoy dancing to the tunes of DJ Chris Scheer (Scheer Entertainment)
- Make memories in the photo booth
- Indulge in a late-night hors d’oeuvre spread with Treetops wings, fresh veggies and dip, French bread pizzas and brownies
- Also included are non-alcoholic beverages including water, fruit punch and assorted sodas
- Cash bar for adults, too
- Watch the fireworks at midnight!