More than 10,000 voters from across the state weighed in on 101 things they love about Northern Michigan. Their votes determined over 300 Red Hot Best winners and 700 honorable mentions. Here you’ll find the best Northern Michigan ciders (the “hard” ones, alcohol included).
First Place: Tandem Ciders, “Smackintosh”
Second Place: Left Foot Charley, “Cinnamon Girl”
Third place: Starcut Ciders, (Short’s) “Octorock”
The remaining Red Hot Best Northern Michigan cider winners in alphabetical order:
- St. Ambrose Cellars, “Xr Cyser”
- Black Star Farms, “Hard Apple Cider”
- Left Foot Charley, “Relic”
- Jolly Pumpkin, “Nomad”
- Bowers Harbor, “Spirit Cider Peach Apple”
- Suttons Bay Ciders, “Don Cherry Cider”
- Northern Natural Cider House, “Lavender Cider”
Explore one of the newest Northern Michigan cider tasting rooms in this MyNorth Media video.
Red Hot Best winners were originally published in the June 2016 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
Special Subscription Offer: Get the Red Hot Best June 2016 issue + one-year of Traverse Magazine which includes next year’s Red Hot Best June 2017 issue!