From Torch to Burt Lakes, through the charming towns of Torch, Charlevoix, Petoskey and Indian River, the 2016 Northern Home & Cottage Petoskey Area Home Tour on Saturday, October 15, will knock your socks off!
Here are some highlights:
1. A Frank Lloyd Wright-esque cantilevered walkway over a fragile dune swale that connects a gorgeous deck to the base of a dune.
2. Two fabulous double-sided fireplaces.
3. A “grandkids camp” complete with 10 murphy beds and his and her camp-style bathrooms.
4. Spectacular views of Lake Michigan, Round Lake, Torch Lake, Walloon Lake and Burt Lake.
5. Two well-appointed carriage-house apartments that, well, most of us would feel like royalty moving into.
6. A palatial five-floor home with landscaped descending terraces to the water–a home so grand you just might be out of breath by the time you are done touring it.
7. A former lumberjack lodge turned into a fine home—that preserves the historic character.
8. One of the finest home art collections in Northern Michigan.
9. A new/old-style enclosed porch perfect for rainy days, fires and board games.
10. A waterside porch with Mackinac Island-style graciousness.
For tickets to the Petoskey Area Home Tour, which include directions for the tour, please go to MyNorthTickets.com.
#2016 #Emmet_County #Cheboygan_County #Charlevoix_County #Antrim_County